"Admission and treatment at Wishaw General Hospital"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

Collapsed at home. Paramedics were called and arrived within ten minutes. Taken to A & E at Wishaw General Hospital. Various tests done and it was found that I suffered a heart attack. I stayed in Wishaw General for a week before being transferred to Hairmyres for Angiogram and stent. Just need to say how wonderful paramedics were, and how wonderful absolutely everyone was at Wishaw General, from A&E to CCU. This includes all doctors and staff and in fact everyone member of staff. A big thank you - you are all superb.

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Beauty queen

Thank you for sharing your experience on Patient Opinion.

It sounds like you have been through an extremely frightening and traumatic time recently. Therefore I was really pleased to read your kind words about everyone who was involved in your care. I would love to be able to pass your thanks onto the Paramedics who did care for you but would need a few more details to allow me to do this. If you were able to do this you can contact me on 0131 314 0003 or at martinesposito@nhs.net

In the mean time, I wish you well with your recovery and thank you so much again for sharing your experience.

Take care

• Beauty queen thinks this response is helpful

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Beauty queen

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care you received whilst having to attend the Emergency Department here at Wishaw General Hospital, as well as your inpatient stay in CCU. I have no doubt that this was a very worrying time for you and I indeed hope that you are recovering well and your health continues to improve.

Your very positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback.

• Beauty queen thinks this response is helpful