"Neurology Appointment"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Neurology (Brain, Spinal and Nerves) Raigmore Hospital / Accident & Emergency Raigmore Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I was admitted to Orthopedics as an emergency. Had an MRI scan and found to have Tethered Spinal Cord. A&E and orthopeadics were fantastic. Was discharged from Raigmore and told that ARI Spinal Team would be in touch ASAP. That was 12 weeks ago. Despite letters and phone call to ARI from my Orthopedic Consultant (and Physio) upgrading me to and emergency from urgent I've heard nothing. Had a GP appointment yesterday and she was fantastic. Phoned around Raigmore and ARI and found out that despite the fact they new about me and had been allocated a Consultant Neurosurgeon I'm not on any list be it Inverness or Raigmore. How can this be the case after all of the communication from Raigmore? I can see 1 letter going missing but 2, 3...........! ! ! !

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Tethered Cord Patient

Clearly there has been a breakdown in communication somewhere with your case. I am very sorry for the distress and additional worry this has caused you. I would like to look into what has gone wrong here if I may. To do this I would need some of your personal details. I understand if you choose not to do this, however I would like to help if I can.

If you would like me to try to find out what is happening with your appointment please call me on 01343 567900 or email me at loldroyd@nhs.net

Again, I am sorry for the delay and confusion.

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland

Dear Tethered Cord Patient and Linda

Has this been resolved? Do please let me know if there is something that needs to be escalated at the Raigmore end. My contact details are maimie.thompson@nhs.net 01463 704722

Dear Tethered Cord Patient

There has been a great deal of communication between NHS Highland and NHS Grampian about your case. I am confident that you will hear about an appointment soon. If this does not happen within the next couple of days please get in touch with me again.

Kind regards,