"Time in A&E"

About: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Arrived in A&E and were assessed and eventually saw a doctor. However, he recommended seeing a surgeon for his opinion. 5 hours lapsed and asked at reception what was happening. She said she would find out but never did. After 6 hours a surgeon saw me and said I needed a scan. However, when we asked to go home and return in the morning, was told no. That would mean an outpatient visit later in the week, and would be too late. We were very tired, weary and hungry. Finally got a bed in SEAU that evening. 9 hours after entering A&E.

Two rays of sunshine. Amelia and another receptionist were angels. If we could have gone home and returned in the morning things would have been a lot better

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Tony 999,

I would firstly like to thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry you had such a long wait in A and E, unfortunately this is occurring more frequently due to the increase in the number of patients attending A and E. I would like to reassure you we are constantly working to improve this.

With regard to your issue, the surgeon clearly thought you required a scan fairly promptly, Had you gone home this would have delayed you getting a scan as you would have had to wait for an outpatient appointment.

I thank you for the positive feedback you have given to the reception staff and will be sure to pass it on. I would once again like to apologise for the long delays you have experienced.

Terri Reeve