"Every member of staff were a credit to their profession"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Cardiology

After A and E I was transferred to ward 18 for 6 days, Every member of staff were a credit to their profession, from the most senior to the most junior. They treated us all as well as they would have treated their own grandfather and always found time in their busy day to explain and discuss any worries we had. One of the men in my room had a few personal social problems and the staff always had time to see him with concern and, most importantly, patience and good humour. He left the room, when discharged, a happier person than he entered it.

Response from June Delaney, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear l1nnh1e

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of the care you received in ward 18,

The nursing team work extremely hard to meet the needs of both patients and their families and to ensure that care is delivered with dignity, respect and compassion. I know the staff of ward 18 will be delighted to know they have made such an impact and I will take great pleasure in passing your comments on.

Kindest regards