"Did not install confidence"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

This ward is chaos I know it is busy and I do not dismiss the very good job most of the medical staff do but I watched two patients being moved from one room to another during visting and the beds were stripped mattress was wiped down with wipes and remade when still wet as it was not dried from the wipes prior to the sheet going on then a patient was put straight into the bed. Nurse putting a drip up had an unpleasant attitude and was fiercly chewing gum! surely this is discouraged. Mixed wards are horrendous can't think of anything worse. The whole feel of the place was one of no control and did not install confidence.

Dear Elizabeth1,

I am sorry, it is disappointing to hear you feel like this about the ward you were visiting. In order for me to feed the back to the correct ward, I would need to know which one your post relates to. If you could possibly drop me a quick email or a quick phone call and let me know, I will pass this to the ward sister and manager directly.

In the meantime, I will pass this to the surgical management team for their consideration.

kind regards,