"Administration Staff Playing God"

About: Guy's Hospital

I called them earlier today to make my initial appointment then unfortunately due to work and family commitments had to make two further changes to my appointment within the hour. The first person I spoke with the first two times was very helpful. My third call was someone different, they initially said to me they cannot change the appointment as I have already been given an appointment and changed it once, when I said that I was clinical staff for the NHS and that they were completely talking nonsense and making up unnecessary and awkward rules and giving the NHS a bad name, they reluctantly gave me my appointment. They also said to me that they could not give me an appointment for a day before my arranged appointment even though I just called an hour earlier. I said please do not take me for a fool and expect me to believe that you have just filled a weeks worth of appointments in an hour. This member of staff showed a complete lack of empathy and I am wondering how they could be working in the health service dealing with patients? I am writing this to let the wider public know just in case they are given the same nonsense from this individual telling patients and their relatives a load of lies. They really need to go on a long course in customer care .

Response from Guy's Hospital

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced trying to re-schedule your appointment and the lack of empathy shown by the second person you spoke to. We would like to learn more about this so that we can address these issues with the staff involved. Please could you contact our PALS department on 020 7188 8801 or email pals@gstt.nhs.uk and they will liaise with the Dental Services Team.