"Can't thank you all enough for your care"

About: Victoria Hospital / SEAL (Surgical Elective Admission Lounge)

After colonoscopy due to screening I am found to have bowel cancer. Within 31 days I have had colonoscopy. consultants appointment CT Scan and 5 days in hospital having tumour and part of my bowel removed. From start to finish the staff at Victoria Hospital have been amazing. After operation 7 days ago I spent 2 days in Surgical High Dependancy. The staff are all amazing and do a great job and are very compassionate. From there to Ward 53 and again amazing staff. Thank you all for what was a scarey upsetting time. My consultant was in several times a day and again im very thankful. I am now home recuperating but cant thank you all enough for your care and attention.

Response from Arlene Saunderson, Head of Nursing, Planned care, Planned Care, NHS Fife

Dear mrs getaboutbetternow

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent cancer and hospital experience.

I can appreciate this must have been a difficult time for you and it was good that the journey from the start up to the operation date was within a short period of 31 days.

You have positively highlighted many aspects of your care and I will ensure that the staff working in these areas get sight of this post, they well be really pleased to receive this feedback.

Thanks again and I wish you a very good continued recovery

Regards Arlene

• mrs getaboutbetternow thinks this response is helpful