"orthopaedic day surgery Hairmyres"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / General Surgery

The theatre list was cancelled. No-one called me in the morning to cancel, despite having my landline and work mobile. I presented to reception to wait for 20 minutes. I was then taken into a room to be told the procedure would not be going ahead. The nurse did apologise several times, however her manner was unconvincing and she also said they had tried to call, which if this was the case I would have 'missed calls' or a voicemail.

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear pepsicola04,

I'm really disappointed by your poor experience of our service. We always strive to contact patients if we have to cancel procedures at short notice as we understand not only the upset to your plans but also the anxiety and anticipation which can accompany coming into the Hospital.

I will share your concerns with the department staff however if you would care to contact me directly on 01355584664 I would be happy to look into your case and feedback any other details I can along with checking for an alternative date for your procedure with our schedulers.

Kind Regards