"Brilliant staff!"

About: St Helier Hospital / Accident and emergency

Went into the emergency department tonight after dislocating my shoulder (I was protecting the world by single handedly fighting thousands of evil zombie robots of course...definitely didn't just trip over a suitcase in my very messy bedroom). I was in a lot of pain and just wanted to thank all the staff who dealt with me. Everyone was very professional and kept me up to date and in high spirits. Their optimistic attitude kept me smiling through despite the pain and procedure. I felt very looked after and was clearly amongst well trained and kind people. Canular went in perfectly (my veins can be a nightmare) first time and great effort to the doctor who managed to get my arm back in the socket! thank you very much for your kindness and humour. Great people who truly care for their patients, couldn't be more grateful :)

Response from St Helier Hospital

Thanks for this wonderful feedback! We are really pleased to hear you had such a positive experience of the department and the staff who looked after you - we have shared your comments with our Head of Nursing for A&E so that he can let the team know. We hope that any future attempts to protect the world are injury-free...