"wonderful patient care"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology

My mum was brought in to the ED at night with a type of rare cardiomyopathy. The individualised care she received in the ED despite it being a very busy night was exceptional and the continuing care she received in ECU, Ward 4 and ward 15 was again first class. All staff were pleasant and caring and we are really so fortunate to have an NHS that delivers such an amazing service. My mum continues to recover at home gradually and follow up arrangements are in place which again is reassuring. Thankyou so much again.

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear AAK

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care your mother received whilst having to attend Wishaw General Hospital, and indeed at such a worrying time for you and your family. I indeed hope that your mother is recovering well and her health will continue to improve.

Your positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff in A&E, ECU, Ward 4 and Ward 15, who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard, as well as being compassionate to the families of our patients. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback.

Thank you once again and best wishes to your mother

Regards