"An Excellent Experience"

About: Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

From my first visit to the completion of my hip surgery I was impressed with the efficiency, friendliness and professionalism of all the staff, in the wards, the anesthesiology, physiotherapy, radiography,surgical departments and the catering and general support staff. The communications between myself and the staff was excellent throughout. There was very rigorous attention to detail and a lot of laughs. Subsequent to my surgery I have had to get further advice which was provided very quickly and in one instance I had to attend the hospital for an issue I raised and again all of my comments above apply. I there is such a thing as an enjoyable time in hospital then this was it. My thanks to everyone involved in my treatment and recovery.

Response from Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

Dear Mr Clarke

Thank you so much for taking the time to post feedback on your recent experience with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre we aim to provide a high quality, individualised patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve (and which we would all want for ourselves) and it was lovely to hear that you have been satisfied with our efforts. We believe that clear and careful communication is the key to establishing good rapport and that this in turn ensures the patient can make informed choices about their treatment plan and be reassured about any worries their forthcoming treatment may pose. I will ensure the team are made aware of your comments.

Trudy Craig - Patient Quality and Safety Manager