"Appraisals to all doctors nurses and receptionists"

About: Queen's Hospital / General surgery

I have been a patient at King George Hospital for the last 22 years and had wonderful care by all the doctors and nurses I am under. Also the lovely receptionists. However, I have had to attend Queens on a number of occasions as an outpatient and recently been admitted to the ward to have partial amputation to my halluxon my big toe. Thecare from the day unit and my consultant was outstanding, and I was treated with dignity and respect.

When I hear people running queens and King George hospital down it really annoys me as I have had to attend many different hospitals in my time since the age of 19 and I am now 76 years old.

People need torealise without the NHS and the wonderful doctors and nurses their treatment would not be so personal and intense. Keep upthe good work, Queens and King George you all do a magnificent job. Thank you all.

Response from Queen's Hospital

I am very pleased to hear about your positive experiences when having to visit both King George Hospital and Queen’s Hospital. It is lovely to hear that all the staff you have been treated by did so in such a caring manner. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences and I hope you are recovering well.

Yours Sincerely