"excellent care and service following my wife's..."

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

My wife and I attended A&E following her stoke last Monday.We had heard negative comments from people in our village but more latterly some improved ones.Our experience from start to finish from A&E to the stroke ward was excellent.The staff were friendly and professional,the tests were carried out rapidly.Food and drink supplied that was edible with smiling faces....nothing was too much trouble!.The consultant even wheeled my wife into the CT scan room themself! The hospital was clean.

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Dear Gary,

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife’s stroke, I hope you are both able to access any support that you might need? We have lots of fantastic support services for those following a stroke, and their families. If you would like any information on these services I would be more than happy to discuss them with you? My email address is Annie.Laverty@nhct.nhs.uk.

If you would prefer, we also have some useful information on our website, including the contact information for our stroke teams: https://www.northumbria.nhs.uk/our-services/stroke-service.

I am pleased to hear that your experience with us was an excellent one and that everything went as smoothly as possible for you and your wife. I will forward your kind words to all the teams involved - it will mean a great deal to them.

Please pass my regards to your wife, all the best,

Annie Laverty – Director of Patient Experience