"Fantastic service from the a&e staff staff at..."

About: Ripley Hospital

I just wanted to mention and publicise the amazing job the staff do at a&e staff

Ripley Hospital.

Due to a breaking my fibula and tibia back in January 2016 I have had to visit Ripley a&e twice.

In each visit the service that I have received has been fantastic.

This morning 2/9/2016

I attended a&e due to going over on my ankle and bruising and swelling occured.

A nurse was so indepth in identifying my injury and immediately sent my x ray images to Derby City Hospital and took the trouble to speak to the on call orthapedic doctor and arranged for me to see my consultant for further advice. The nurse made me feel at such ease and this is the second time they have treated me, the first time when I got my cast wet back in February.

I feel that this nurse goes above and beyond to make their patients feel at ease and nothing is too much trouble for them.

I would also like to mention another nurse who fitted my ankle support boot.

Again they were very thorough and explained how the boot worked.

I feel that the staff at Ripley Hospital a&e are an absolute credit to the NHS and would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you.

Response from Chrissy Carline, Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Zoe

Thank you for your feedback and the 5 star rating. We always seek to improve the service we offer and wherever possible we aim to extend our range of skills and treatments to best meet our patient’s individual needs.

I am pleased to hear you were treated with understanding, politeness and compassion; we pride ourselves in treating all patients respectfully so it’s good to hear we did well.

The team at Ripley Minor Injuries Unit was thrilled to hear your feedback

I hope you make a speedy recovery