"nobody listened to what I was saying"

About: Ayr Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Had fall last year was in extreme pain, went to A@E Xhouse. Saw  doctor who did nothing, in 2 minutes. Spent next 6 weeks mostly resting, the walking with stick. Feb got extreme pain in leg went to GP who sent me for xray. Difficulty walking and pain continued, waited for appointment for MSK clinic. Phoned after 12 weeks, still no appointment. Got tests at GP and was referred to Ortho\Trauma clinic, eventually got appointment. Got examined and pressed very hard on my spine. Thought I was seeing a Doctor but when asked he was a physio who assessed patients to see if they needed operation. No scan, no doctor. Why was a physio assessing patients and not a Doctor, wonder if other people are aware. Got extreme symptoms after consultation, had to see GP. Was diagnosed with mechanical back pain, nobody listened to what I was saying. Leg collapsed yesterday, back to same as Feb.

Dear teacup,

I am sorry you felt that you were not listened to and after all, it is your body! While you are referred for the clinician's advice and help, you do have the insider knowledge about your body and how it is behaving so it should be a two-way street.

It also sounds as if you have had a long, painful journey and now, to feel you are back as square one, is very disappointing. I think the best thing to do, if you would like to, is contact me with your details and, a senior manger can talk to you about your care and we can go from there. What we don't want is that you start at the beginning again.

I can be contacted on 01563 826222 or Eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.

Thank you for contacting us via PO.

best wishes

Eunice

Dear Teacup,

Thank you for contacting me off-line. As you know, there are a few avenues to explore. I look forward to hearing how things progress.

best wishes,