"Lovely staff, cant fault them"

About: Heartlands Hospital / General surgery

I was fast tracked from my GP to Heartlands Hospital due to enlarged suspicious Tonsil. Having just retired from Heartlands (23years) I was happy to be seen by Mr Ahmed in ENT. I wasn't disappointed. Mr Ahmed is the kindest man, he got me down for surgery within less than 2 weeks. I was a day surgery patient. Lovely staff, cant fault them. within 2 weeks of surgery I'm back at ENT for results. I was lucky no Cancer. What was a very stressful and worrying time was alleviated by Heartlands staff and caring attitude. I am fully aware of the Trusts issues due to being ex-staff but in my experience they delivered top service. Many thanks to all.

Dear enfel

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your patient experience at Heartlands Hospital, in our ENT Department.

I am sure it was a very worrying time for you, and it is lovely to read that you were seen and treated quickly by Mr Ahmad given the potential nature of the problem with your tonsil.

I am so pleased that you found the staff to be lovely in the Day Case Unit, and following your surgery, was seen within 2 weeks for your results.

I will ensure that your feedback is highlighted to Mr Ahmad directlly, as well as to the Management Team for Day Surgery who I'm sure will be thrilled to read your feedback, and share your comments with all of their respective teams.

I hope this is acceptable and once again thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is most important to us.

I do hope you are continuing to recover from your surgery and I extend my best wishes to you for an enjoyable retirement!

Kindest regards

Marie Helebert

• enfel thinks this response is helpful