"Out of area first visit to St Cross Hospital."

About: Hospital Of St Cross (Rugby)

I had occasion today to visit the Minor Injures Unit at St Cross Hospital Rugby for dressings to an 8 weeks so far wound on my right calf. The medical term for this injury is Heterotropic Ossification ie calsified piece of bone in a place where it should not be. This unusual lesion is from historical burns injuries to an unusual patient. The staff were very professional on a not to busy time of day. I am awaiting day surgery to remove this calsification and due to the condition of the wound a skin graph is required. At present, into an 18 week wait from referral from 8th August. It could be I may return to St Cross for the day procedure.

Thank you. John Quartermain, Nuneaton, Warwickshire

Response from Hospital Of St Cross

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your experiences of the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

It was so nice to read your comments about our staff being so professional and caring that you may even choose the hospital for your upcoming surgery. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Communications Team