"Poor Psychiatry"

This is the second time I have bee referred to a medic for treatment of depression. However once again my experience was poor.

The psychiatrist told me that I didn't seem depressed which I found to be highly insulting considering my personal and medical history. My experience also involved several extremely patronising comments regarding my martial status and employment history. The advice I was given was that if I got married and had children I would forget about my depression. I find it highly distressing that psychiatrists would trivialise such things. I actually left under more stress and I am wondering why it is so difficult to find adequate support and care.

Response from Small Heath Health Centre

We want all patients to have the best possible care at every appointment. We would be grateful if you could take the time to call our customer relations/PALS team on Freephone 0800 953 0045 so that they can take a few more details and investigate this further. We would also like to check that you receive the support that you need at this time.