"Full knee replacement"

About: Royal Orthopaedic Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had a full knee replacement 2 years ago. I had been in a considerable amount of pain at times and I had begun to find walking for fairly short distances difficult. I had torn my anterior cruciate ligament playing football around twenty years ago and, despite having a repair using carbon fibre (the technology of the time) I found that movement was improved but often limited by discomfort. The consultant and their team transformed the situation and gave me a straighter leg and pain free walking. It was this extremely positive experience that led me to request a similar procedure on my left knee. This had become crooked and gave me considerable regular discomfort. A little over six weeks after the operation I can already feel the improvement the operation has made. There is no pain from the osteoarthritis and my leg is straight. Once again I have caused to thank the consultant and the team and all those who cared for me at ROH.

Response from Sally Xerri-Brooks, Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm delighted we were able to help you.

Best wishes