"Excellent care"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / Accident and emergency

I visited A & E yesterday after being advised by a pharmacist to go, Being on holiday here I expected to wait the usual 3 to 4 hours to be seen. After giving my details in I was given an appointment at the primary care department, just 30 minutes later we were seen by a nurse who was fantastic, not only very pleasant, & polite but explained everything to me.

The antibiotics the nurse prescribed I have been given on several occasions and never before have I been advised what to take to combat the side affects, or why you should always finish the course. The nurse was excellent, as was the overall service we received.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Jayne

I am sorry that your Holiday involved a visit to our Hospital but thank you for taking the time to post your recent positive experience.

I will share your post with the teams involved who I know will be pleased to hear that the care and treatment you received was delivered efficiently and effectively.

I hope that your recovery continues and thank you once again.

Kind Regards