"Hip replacement"

About: Freeman Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I recently had a hip replacement and wish to thank the consultant and their operating team, nurses, physios and support staff (including ward 19 attendant who lifted everyone's spirits) for their excellent care and attention during my stay. Everything is done to support patients and maintain modesty and dignity. I was able to leave hospital confident in the knowledge that I had been provided with all relevant support and information to ensure that I would cope on my own at home. I have no doubt that I will require further hip replacement soon and hope that will take place at the Freeman!

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you very much for the time taken to record your very positive feedback on the NHS choices website regarding the care and treatment you received on Ward 19, Freeman Hospital.

We trust that you are recovering well from your hip replacement and we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your extremely kind comments, which we have shared with the staff involved in your care. It is always rewarding to receive such positive feedback from patients in regard to the care we deliver .