"A&E"

About: Croydon University Hospital / Accident and emergency

I attended A&E on the 19th of august 2016 I had cut my foot open on broken glass and needed stitches my foot was pouring with blood I waited an hour to be seen. Luckily for me I had a nurse with me who took me to the hospital who finally got someone to see me, they didn't x-ray my foot to see if there was anymore glass in there they just wiped round the cut and then stitched it no proper dressing was applied ie bandage just a plaster and a bit of tube a grip, when asked about antibiotics has my foot was filthy and now could not even wash it was told to ask my doctor in a few days to give them to me this I feel was appalling. I attended my local walk in centre the day after and the nurse there said it was a botch job the stitches were barely holding it together my foot as still bleeding not as bad as the night before but all the same it should have stopped I would have thought I got my foot re dressed bandaged and given antibiotics none of which mayday did would avoid this hospital like the plague

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

I am sorry you had a poor experience however I understand from the information you have shared is that you attended the Urgent Care Centre (UCC) which is based on the Croydon University Hospital site. However, rather than being part of Croydon Health Services, the UCC is run by Virgin Care on behalf of the Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group.

If you are able to contact the Croydon Heath Services PALS office with more information about your experience a member of our own staff will be happy to put you in touch with the appropriate person at Virgin Care, so that this matter can be investigated.

Our PALS office may be contacted by telephone on 020 8401 3210 or by email at