About: Hillingdon Hospital / Accident and emergency

I waited for 5hours to be seen by the a and e doctor. Then was told to come back for scan in the morning. So I came back after the scan I waited over 3 hours. And still waiting.

The a and e reception staff are very rude. On the phone and when asked how long the wait they said most like 2/3hours they knew nothing about where I should wait and sent me to the wrong department. Funny how I've been waiting for 3 hours. They didn't even check how many people in front. Very unapproachable so I went and check with the minors myself who told me how many in front.

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

I was very sorry to hear that you had such an unsatisfactory experience within the A&E department at Hillingdon hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Staff should be aware that an A&E visit can be very stressful for a patient and as such compassion should be at the heart of everything that we do. I apologise that this has not been the case during your visit and I will be speaking with the administration manager to feed this back.

With regard to the waiting time that you have experienced this is again not acceptable and the Trust has a comprehensive action plan in place in order to improve our performance against waiting time targets over the next 6 months. This plan includes rebuilding areas of the department, changing working practices and investing in additional staff. I trust, should you require our services again in the future, you will find them very much improved.

Michael White, Emergency Care Manager