"Mistreatment in plaster room"

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital / Accident and emergency

My mother was treated with minimal respect after an ankle injury. After being stuck in A&E for over 5 hours, the doctor seemed to set her ankle in a bad position. We returned the following day to get another cast on as it had come loose due to reduced swelling, the member of staff seemed like they had no clue in what they were doing (putting an ankle in a cast) and then referred my mum to physio for a sprain! My mum had an X-Ray confirming a brake! I'm appalled by the lack of care in the plaster room!

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Many thanks for your comments regarding your mother’s visit to the Emergency Department at Royal Blackburn Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

I am so sorry you have concerns about her treatment and I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the staff concerned.

If you would like us to investigate these issues further please contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or alternatively you can email me on melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

If you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Melissa Almond