"My recent experience on Ludlow Ward for a..."

About: Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

On arrival noticed how cold the room was. Noticed some bits on the floor which has been missed out and dust on the vent in the shower room/toilet. Was treated roughly when the bed had to be changed, thought I was going to fall out of bed so I was told off when I put my arm around staff member in case of me falling. One of my diabetes tablets is taken before or after a meal, I did not get mine, so at 8pm I asked for it only to be told that I would have to wait until 10pm for it. Hospital did not arrange for my husband to be around to show him how to inject medicine into my stomach, this was done the next day but staff member was not too happy having to show my husband at that time. Thought I should have had more physiotherapy, Disappointed I only had one shower and two wash-downs would rather have had three showers. I thought that the six-week consultation was too short. Had already complained to PALS but not too happy with their reply. So based on my experience I would not recommend this hospital service, considering I was paying for a private hip operation the aftercare given fell short of my expectations in view of the cost undertaken.

Response from Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent experience at The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the treatment you have received from this Trust and I apologise that you did not feel that the PALS service here met with your requirements, however if you do wish to speak to someone again, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01691 404687.