"Going into Lincolnshire a and e for treatment suspected broken bones in face"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

Was driven to hospital by a friend to avoid using an ambulance was greeted by a empty reception and only one receptionist waited nearly an hour to be triaged bearing in mind I was struggling to stay conscious to which nobody was interested after triage waited a further 1 hour 30 mins to see a doctor who seemed, to me, to be interested in going home was sent to X-ray arrived at X-ray staff seemed also not bothered about care after X-ray another 45/1hour wait to see the doctor to be told I was lucky and to take some paracetamol then shown out the door thoughly unimpressed by the waiting time and service given by staff

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear mcharris

I am sorry for the delays you experienced during your recent visit to Accident and Emergency. The department has been extremely busy over the last few weeks and unfortunately delays can occur. I will share your concerns with the lead for Radiology regarding your wait in the X-ray department.

If you would like me to investigate your care and treatment in more detail I will require your name and the date of your attendance, please can you contact our PALS team at pals@ulh.nhs.uk with these.

Karen Hansord