"Awful service"

Emergency appointment required, phoned and was told to come down and wait. Upon arrival was informed that the dentist was only able to take on 6 patients and this was full. When explaining I had been told to come down and wait the receptionist informed me this wouldn't have been the case and to just ring 111. When informing the receptionist I had already done so, and was passed this sites information they couldn't advise anymore. I stressed this was for my little boy and was told to just give paracetamol. Absolutely disgusted! Considering this is the only dentists opened on a Sunday for emergency appointment covering the whole of east Berkshire, 6 appointments is not enough.

Response from Upton Hospital

Hello,

Thank you for your posting and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. I am sorry that your son could not obtain the treatment that he needed. All feedback is treated seriously in order to inform the development of our services. Your feedback will be included within our standard reporting schedule but if you wish to discuss this further, please contact me. We will then be able to provide you with a full response.

Yours Sincerely,