"In the past 4 years, I have been ..."

About: Salford Royal

In the past 4 years, I have been treated in this hospital three times and visited out patients and physio more than 20 times. Staff are often under great pressure, but I was always dealt with in a friendly, professional and speedy manner, in a clean environment. Even the food was fantastic. Home cooking. Soup was made in the kitchen, not out of a packet. Mashed potato was made from fresh potatoes. I have experience of a number of other hospitals in the region. This one strikes me as way by far the best.

A&E I was sent home from A&E on 8 Feb 2006 with a broken right wrist, broken ribs, and four breaks in my left shoulder, massive soft tissue damage in my legs and told to take paracetomol. I asked for something better and was given co-codamol. I was also sent home with a bandage sling which a consultant, next day, replaced with one that strapped my arm to my body. In short, I was dispatched from A&E without proper support.

After the initial trauma of the accident and A&E, I could not praise the hospital enough. I've since been in as a day patient for other things.

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for your comments which have been passed on to the department concerned. I am sorry that your comment has not been acknowledged by us until now. We are now committed to responding to all comments within 7 days of your posts. We recognise the importance of such feedback in improving services and welcome any comments.