I was forced to go to Newberry under the mental health act for nearly six months. Horrible staff who did nothing to help me. Being in the unit just made me a lot worse and now I frequently have nightmares about going back here. Don't recommend to anyone.

Response from West Lane Hospital

We are really sorry that someone who has used our service has had a poor experience as we work hard to make sure everyone who accesses our services has the best experience possible. We also understand how important our staff are to supporting people who use our services and take seriously the development and training of our staff so they can offer the best service possible.

It is important to us to look at how we can improve our services and we encourage people who use our service to contact us particularly if they have had a poor experience so we can learn from them. If you would like share your experience in more detail with the services please contact Corinne Aspel Lead Senior Nurse Patient and Carer Experience on 01913333566 or by e mail corinne.aspel@nhs.net who can arrange this.