"He got on in leap and bounds"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital / Accident and emergency Sandwell General Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My son was involved in a traffic accident. He spent two weeks in Queen Elizabeth, After coming out of Critical care and being transferred to another ward the service of nursing care was appalling. You had to ask for attention. He was then transferred to Sandwell General and he got on in leap and bounds in two weeks following his admission.

Response from Nicky Beecher, Patient Experience Manager, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your son’s experience at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during this worrying time. We are keen to speak to you directly to understand more about the circumstances you describe so that we can find out what went wrong. If you would like to discuss this with us please make contact via the Patient Advice and Liaison Team (PALS) who will put you in touch with the relevant senior staff member.

PALS can be contacted by phone 0121 371 4400, by email PALS@uhb.nhs.uk, via the hospital website www.uhb.nhs.uk/pals-form or in person by dropping in between 9am – 5pm (Mon-Fri) to the PALS office located near the Information Desk in the main entrance of the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham

Response from Sandwell General Hospital

Hello, I am pleased to hear of your son’s progress since the traffic accident. We are proud to offer a high standard of care here and I'm glad that our nurses were able to provide that for him. Thank you and I wish you well, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.