"Sinus operation waiting list"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I saw an ENT consultant on 18th November 2015. They referred me for an operation & said I would need a CT scan beforehand. I finally got a CT scan appointment for 6th March 2016. I received the results nearly 7 weeks later. I waited for my operation appointment to come through but it didn't. I rang community outpatients several times. They said they had sent the request to the hospital twice. Finally they said to ring ENT who tried to put me through to ENT waiting list department but it was busy. I have tried many times today to ring the waiting list department but I keep getting an answer machine with the opening hours, even though I am ringing in these hours. It is now over 40 weeks since the consultant referred me. The service at this hospital is abysmal. I have never been treated like this by other health authorities either in England or Scotland. I was warned by a friend when I moved to Lincoln 8 years ago that the health care system here was "still in the Dark Ages". How right she was.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Tina,

We apologise that your experience with us so far has been negative and for the delays you have encountered. I am concerned that the number you have been trying to contact has been unreachable.

From the feedback you have given we do not have access to your details to fully look into your comments and to discuss with you how we can resolve your concern.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the PALS service on 01522 707071 who will then pass your details on to us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Caroline Donaldson