"This man saved my life"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / General Medicine Hairmyres Hospital / General Surgery Hairmyres Hospital / Pre Operative Assessment

I was taking into Hairmyres hospital, with stomach pain. I've left a review but seems to have missed people out. I would like to say a massive thank you to Mr Mahmood. This man saved my life. The way he spoke to me before the operation, the way he kept me family up to date with everything. My daughter wrote a letter to Mr Mahmood, he personally took the time out of his very busy schedule to come and say thank you, not only a great surgeon, a true gentleman, so Mr Mahmood I thank you and your team for everything you all did for me, my family would also like to say thank you.

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Belly man,

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your lovely comments about the service and care you received.

Mr Mahmood is indeed a very caring consultant with excellent person centered ethos. He will be delighted with your kindness and I will ensure a copy of your post is forwarded for his attention.

I hope you are recovering well meantime.

Kind Regards