About: East Surrey Hospital / Cardiology St Bartholomew's Hospital / Cardiology

Initially the diagnosis of my condition took some time to be identified, but due to the rarety of the condition it was not surprising. I was amazed at the focus that was put into the identification of endocarditis, including very senior staff. When I was advised that it was a leaking aortic valve, it came as a shock to me and my wife. I have to say that from that time the urgency with which I was treated was second to none. Dr. Ben, Mr. Yap, Dr. Saha and a junior doctor were all paramount in deciding to transfer me to St. Bartholomews hospital. I have no doubt that their actions has saved and prolonged my life for which I will be eternally grateful.

Response from Nicola Shopland, Divisional Chief Nurse for Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Awestruck

Thank you very much for you feedback it is so pleasing to hear that you felt confident in our care. I will share this with the team in cardiology.

I wish you well in your recovery

kind regards

Nicola Shopland

Divisional Chief Nurse Medicine

Response from Martin Worwood, Patient Experience Measurement, Barts Health NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of St Bartholomew’s. We really appreciate your kind message.

Wishing you all the best,

Barts Health NHS Trust