"amazing treatment and kindness"

About: Ayr Hospital / Gastroenterology

I had a sigmoid resection in October, 2015. This failed and I needed intensive drainage treatment in endoscopy (22? visits). Between station 1 and endoscopy, I received amazing treatment and kindness. I now have an ileostomy (highly successful) and my care under Mr Muir and his staff has been superb!

There are members of staff who, I think, performed above the norm. Wonderful, kind and skilled nurses!

It would be wrong to single out any, but one staff nurse in Endoscopy did more for my recovery than anyone else. Ayr is a superb, local hospital.

Dear Boss183,

It sounds like you have had a rough time, I hope this is your light at the end of the tunnel now. Having spent so much time in the hospital, I wouldn't be surprised if you were invited to the staff's Christmas night out.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I will be delighted to pass this to all the team, I am sure it will make their day.

best wishes,