"Mammogram at ARI"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / General Internal Medicine NHS Grampian / North East Scotland Breast Screening Centre

I attended last week for my annual mammogram following breast cancer treatment in 2010-11.

I wish to thank the radiographer for her kindness and professionalism- this is an extremely painful process due to scar tissue and other issues in the affected breast, it's also an anxious time as there is always a fear of recurrence of the cancer. the radiographer saw me on time, introduced herself, and made the procedure as quick as possible whilst ensuring that the imaging was correct- she was reassuring and obviously had empathy for what I was going through.

I received my results this week directly from the breast care nurse- the quickest that I've ever had the results from a mammogram- which again has cut out a great deal of anxiety. Happily the results showed all was fine.

Many thanks to the team.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Mabel G

Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion. You have said so much in one wee story about what matters to patients and how all health professionals should be. This is truly an excellent example of quality, person-centred care which made a difference to you.

Your kind words will be gratefully received by all concerned.

It is good to know that you have had such a positive outcome and that your anxieties were allayed.

Many thanks again.