"A&E and ICU saving my wife's life."

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Accident & Emergency Crosshouse Hospital / Intensive Care Unit

My wife had previously had a pelvic floor repair done. She developed an infection about 2 weeks after release from hospital. Her GP admitted her to hospital via A & E. After being assessed we were told her chances of survival were very thin.

We prepared for the worse. However, due to the skills and determination of both A&E and ICU, she survived. All those working in those departments were amazing, not only in saving my wife's life but also in their care and attention they gave to me and my daughter. I would just like to say thank you all at Crosshouse hospital.

Dear Alanhel,

I am sure you have been to h... and back but I am so glad that your story has had such a good outcome for you all. I am really delighted to be able to pass this to the teams, thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. I think your post will be an inspiration to many and I hope your wife is fully recovered or well on the way.

Best wishes,