"Colonoscopy Shock"

About: Peterborough City Hospital / Gastroenterology

Had the worst shock of my life! The most excruciating and unbelievable pain even continued for a few minutes after the instrument was quickly removed. Not anxiety, not wind. I didn't get pumped up as they only got to the sigmoid bit? I had gas and air, nothing else. I had nightmares which left me feeling emotionally disturbed. I had an intense pressure pain in my bottom before they even started. I wasn't at all prepared for this agonising experience. I'm still feeling upset and shocked as it was horrifying.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and I am obviously concerned about the comments you have posted. We want to ensure all of our patients receive good quality care and I am disappointed that this is not what happened in your case.

If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service via email PALS@pbh-tr.nhs.uk so that they can arrange a convenient time to chat as I am keen we learn from your experiences. Once again my apologies that your visit was not as we would wish it to have been.

Lesley Crosby