"Humiliating"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

I went into Queens wing for a hysteroscopy, biopsy and Mirena coil fitting. Firstly I heard the staff discussing me very loudly and saying that I shouldn't be having a general anaesthetic as the procedure as it didn't warrant it. I was not given the choice to have a local anaesthetic!!! Then, and most humiliating - I found, written on my discharge form ' done nice fart'.

I felt utterly humiliated and that everyone had been laughing at me in the operating theatre while I was asleep. I have to go back there soon to have a further procedure and I am insisting on a local anaesthetic as I cannot go through this sort of experience again. I wish I could go somewhere else as I don't trust the staff there.

Professionalism

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

We're really concerned about these comments and if you have not not thus far made a formal complaint, we would encourage you to do so to in order for the circumstances of your care at the QEII to be investigated formally.

If you wish for this to happen, please get in touch with us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we will take it from there.