"Neurology Dept, Communication Failures"

About: Lister Hospital

My Daughter collapsed with severe spasms on the 3rd December 2014, she finally got an appointment to see a neurologist on the 27th February 2015. she was still suffering from severe spasms. She was given an MRSI scan at Lister on the 25th April 2015. My wife and I and our daughter have not been given any information concerning her illness.

Neither has our daughter been offered a follow up appointment. It is now 13th May 2015, Our daughter is still suffering from severe spasms. On one occasion we had to take her to the A and E

Department, were she was given advice and sent home. We are retired and have taken on the burden of 24 hours care for our daughter since the 3rd of December. Our daughter is still suffering from severe spasms and she has no Diagnosis or Prognosis .This is not a Health Service, this is a joke, and an insult to the people who are forced to try to use it.

Response from Lister Hospital

We're really sorry that your daughter's condition has no yet been diagnosed nor follow-up care provided.

This needs gone investigated urgently so we an help get things sorted for your daughter - pleased email us at Generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so we can get our neurology team colleagues on the case - it's the leashed an do for you all.