"Surgery for Anterior cervical discectomy with..."

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I came to Kings College for ACDF surgery after having had months and months of pain. There are a few heroes to call out who first saw the pain I was in, who understood how debilitating it was and who put me back to together again. The doctor is the first hero who first saw me as I sobbed my way through the consultation. They saw the MRI and how bad it was and confirmed I should have the operation to relieve the pain.

In a matter of days, I was at Kings for surgery. There is not one person there who was not wonderful, kind, helpful, gentle, consideration and caring - everyone there deserves a medal in working under pressure with limited resources and giving the finest health care for patients. I am humbled by their professionalism and dedication. That surgery saved me, my life, my marriage, my career - everything as I now can live without the intense pain and the mind numbing pain killers. I can move, I can sleep, I can walk and soon I will be back at work to build up my savings again. Doctor - if you read this review - thank you for making the difference to my life, thank you to the team I met in the operating theatre before the surgery, what a great team you have, and the biggest thank you for making me better. You have 'literally' changed my life to the good.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of the care you received am here at King's. Many thanks for your very kind comments - I will ensure that they are shared with the team. I am sure they will be very pleased to hear that the care you received lived up to the high standards we set ourselves. I hope your recovery is going well.