"time waste"

Two time I call here both time the nurse advice me to contact for appointment to G.P.while I explained my G.P was not calling me and not giving the appointment.wherever I tried to call phn was engaged in G.P.i Was suffering serious eye infection .but the nurse of 111 suggested me to stay at home.because it was not life threaten.I wana ask if we should visit the hospital only when we r going to die .I think health care is ur right and right delayed is right denied.

Response from Deborah Gallagher, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, North West Ambulance Service

Hi Yasmeen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on NHS Choices.

I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that you received the right response to your medical condition on this occasion. When you ring NHS 111 for advice, they will assess your medical condition on the information that you have given and by following a series of questions, try to establish the right medical outcome for your condition and in this case, it sounded like that was self care and to see your GP.

If you do feel that this was incorrect advice and wish to follow this up as a complaint, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with the NHS111 team by email: Nwasnt.111Clinical-Governance@nhs.net or by telephone: 01204 428007.

I hope that you are now well again.

Many Thanks