"Terrible Care after hysterectomy"

About: Lister Hospital

The nurses treat patients as is they are a nuisance and want you out of hospital day after operation even if pain medication is not sorted. They sneer when you tell them you are in pain. They show no care or concern just want you out of the door so they can gossip in peace. The only thing they seem to do. A doctor wanted me to stay 1 more night after op and nurse in charge of ward kept asking me why? I would have left that day if I could but with pain not under control and being on drip all night could not. Pure nastiness.

Response from Lister Hospital

First of all an apology - we can see that your comment was posted on our NHS Choices pages on 15 October but for reasons that are not clear, the people at NHS Choices have only just alerted us to this posting.

It would seem that Gremlins have been at work.

We're very sorry that you feel the post-operative care you received at the Lister from our clinical colleagues was not what you expected.

Even though a little time has elapsed, we would like to have your experience followed up.

Would you mind contacting us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so we can do this for you?