"Contacting physiotherapy department"

About: Southend Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Phone contact number for the department, recorded message says 30 min collating information. Was put on hold because they were busy with other callers, and waited 20 mins before hanging up, as this was costing me money, as my only phone is a mobile. So if I waited another 10 mins to be put through, it would cost me an hours worth of calls, being retired, I'm unable to afford costly phone calls, isn't there another way to contact the physio department without all this fuss and expense!

Response from Louise McIver, Patient Involvement Coordinator, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post and we are sorry to hear of the difficulty you are experiencing in contacting our Physiotherapy department, we will ensure this issue is looked into with immediate effect.

Please may I suggest in the meantime to ensure you are able to have your query resolved that you contact our patient advice and liasion team who can make contact with Physio on your behalf - you can either call 01702 385333 or email pals@southend.nhs.uk giving your details.

• Marbat thinks this response is helpful