"Millbrook Staff do a great job"

About: Millbrook Mental Health Unit

I was brought to Millbrook by my Mother who had taken me to my GP the night before as she was worried about my mood and state of mind. I thought I was just going for a counselling session and ended up being sectioned.

I weren’t happy at all in fact I was going crazy and blamed my Mum shouting and screaming at her. 5 days later I feelt so much better for it.

I feel bad for her for how I responded to her and the doctors but I’m sure they understand and have seen a lot worse. I was always led to believe if you went in Millbrook you were crazy, maybe so but you won’t get the right help unless you go and all in all it’s not a bad place at all the difference it’s made to me in 5 days is unbelievable and I can’t thank the people enough.

The staff do a great job. I do believe I’ve got a long way to go but things can only get better for me.

Response from Kirsty Aveyard, Acting Ward Manager, Lucy Wade Unit, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Orchid1

Thankyou for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your experience at Millbrook, I am pleased to hear of your positive experience and will ensure I feed this is fedback to the staff

As you mentioned it can be very difficult during those days of first admission and equally so for relatives

Great to hear you are feeling much better within your short admission already and I would like to wish you well in your ongoing recovery

Thankyou again for your feedback

Best wishes, Kirsty

Kirsty Aveyard
ward manager
millbrook MHU

Response from Sally Redgate, Acute Service Manager (North), Millbrook Mental Health Unit, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear orchid1

I would like to echo Kirsty's posting to thank you for sharing your experience at Millbrook and to wish you well. The team based at Millbrook work hard to ensure that patient care is of high standards and recovery is the centre of that work, so its nice to hear the positive feedback.

Good luck and regards to you and your family