"bad administration"

About: William Harvey Hospital / General surgery

I had an appointment with consultant which was cancelled without telling me 2nd appointment with different consultant yesterday at 2pm waited for two hours consultant failed to turn up. All appointments cancelled. They could not find anyone else to see patients.

I have spinal athritus with a metal cage and metal rods in back and no disks I was in severe pain my neck and lower back was going to sleep I had very little feeling except for pain every now and again

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am so sorry that your appointment was cancelled, especially as you are in such severe pain.

If your appointment has not yet been rescheduled, please would you contact PALS (the Patient Advice and Liaison Service) so that they can look into all this for you to see what has been going wrong and to see if they can get you an appointment more swiftly.

You can either email at ekh-tr.PALS@nhs.net or telephone 01227 783145 or 01227 864314 (you may have to leave a message on the answerphone).

• m taylor doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by m taylor (the patient)

there is nothing more you can do except hopefully ensure it does not happen again to anyone. it is clear to see how you are on special measures however if you all work together including consultants you can improve.everyone I talk to says nice things about the day surgery but not the rest of the hospital that feeling is spread wide thank you.