"Rude nurse practcioner"

About: Peterlee Community Hospital

I waited an hour to be seen by the nurse practitioner on the morning of 22 August 2016 and they made it very clear (twice)! that I should not have come in but should have waited for a GP appointment. They are hard to get at the last minute and I spend most of the preceding night up with intense ear pain. (Burst infected ear drum).

The nurse practitioner told me i was stopping other patients from getting seen too quickly. I felt as if I was a burden to them rather than cared for. Most of the staff aren't like this but this time I was very unhappy.

Response from Peterlee Community Hospital

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices.

To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns we need further information regarding the nurse practitioner concerned.

If this nurse practitioner works in the GP practice at Peterlee, then your concerns will need to be raised directly with the Practice Manager at the GP practice.

However if the nurse practitioner is working in the hospital as part of North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk. to discuss your concerns.