"Excellent and thoughtful care"

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital

I was extremely impressed with all the team in the unit. I thought the consultant was excellent and thorough. I received kind, compassionate and competent care from nurses, care assistants, and all the ancillary workers. If I asked for some little thing like some more water everybody remembered and went and accomplished the task for me cheerfully , competently and quickly.

I have some experience with hospitals and seen some deplorable standards very recently in other hospitals. Perhaps this made me particularly impressed. I would like to thank the unit so much and indeed all the staff in the hospital with whom I interacted with a special mention for the nurse in the Medical Decisions unit who noticed that I was drenched in perspiration and whipped new sheets onto the bed while I went to the bathroom. Above and beyond.

Response from Addenbrooke's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you were pleased with the kind and professional care you received from a variety of staff in Respiratory Medicine and the Medical Decisions Unit.

I have passed your comments to the staff involved as they will be much appreciated.

I hope you are now much recovered.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk