"6 hour wait"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

after being admitted on Saturday night due to stomach pains . I had to wait for 6 hours to been seen by a Doctor who saw me 5 minutes before they were due to end their shift . Had a little feel of stomach and inform me they think it may be a stress ulcer or a water infection . I was not offered an X Ray / Scan to confirm this and was just sent home .The nurses were great and so were the paramedics but if QA is a state of the art hospital then they need to recruit decent doctors . Due to being sent home on Sunday i was sick twice and still in pain so had to have time off work on Monday to go to Gosport War Memorial where a doctor gave me a proper examination and informed me it was a gallbladder infection .

Due to the Doctor at QA who did not seem at least be interested in finding out what was wrong with me i have had 2 days off work now to sort the problem out myself . Am not happy with waiting all that time just for 5 minutes consultation which was incorrect .

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Hi Deborah

I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the care you received. If you would like us to look into this further then please e-mail us direct on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk

I hope you're now making a good recovery