"Waiting for appointment at pain clinic"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services

I had already been waiting for more than 6 months for another appointment with the specialist pain nurse only to receive a letter stating that there are no pain nurses now at the pain clinic and I've been put on a holding list until the job is filled. Why is there nobody that can fill in or a different place that I can attend? I have waited months already to speak to someone again and when I ask my GP they tell me to talk to the pain clinic because they can advise me better. Service is ridiculous and nobody wants to talk responsibility.

Response from Pauline Warnock, Service Manager, Anaesthetics, General Surgery, Endoscopy, Chronic Pain Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear suffering 2223,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, regarding your concerns about not being seen by the pain nurse. We are in the unfortunate situation of not having anyone with the right skills who can replace the chronic pain nurse at the moment but we are out to advert to recruit to the post, hopefully we will be able to offer this service in the next couple of months.