"Use it or loose it!"

I took my wife to our local hospital as a day case. I have always found it spotlessly clean. (I have been for X-rays in the past). This time was no different.

Her visit was for an endoscopy, and having had the same treatment in Leicester a few years ago, found being able to use our local hospital far less stressful. The staff in Leicester were great, but there was a lot of waiting around and in all it took a whole day. At Melton, she had a 2.30 pm appointment, went in early, was treated fantastically, and we were walking out again at 4.45. She was offered a choice of Nottingham, Market Harborough or Melton for her treatment, so Melton was the obvious choice, as the more work done there, the less chance there is of us loosing the only remaining hospital in town. As it happens, it turned out to be the best choice possible. The care was faultless apart from a very minor hiccup when she was discharged, but reading between the lines, this was more down to government cut backs rather than anything to do with the care she received.

Response from Melton Mowbray Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Melton Mowbray Hospital.

Your comments will be passed on to the service.